Monday, July 17, 2017

Step in Style

I always want to look good everyday but there are days that I am too lazy to dress up. There are times that when I look into my closet I always end up wearing the same outfit every time. Before, my style is just jeans and tees, now I want to show my creativity and my personality thru my outfits. I want to level up my daily look and style so when I stumble upon a post about Personal Styling workshop I did make sure to get a reserved seat on it.



Writer's Block Philippines together with Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Philippines, Brew Your Best Year hosted the Personal Styling Workshop with Donna Cuna-Pita at 26th St. Bistro by The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Net Lima Building, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.

Donna Cuna-Pita is the former Cosmopolitan Philippines Fashion Director. She is currently a freelance fashion stylist for print ads, TV commercials, and celebrities. She is also a speaker on fashion and image and a lifestyle writer for the Philippine Star.

 
Getting insider tips from a professional is really a must go to workshop. It is well attended and lots of women like me who wanted to step up their game when it comes to fashion and styling did not miss this opportunity.


After my Friday night shift, I went home to take a nap for a while. I almost overslept and I hurriedly fix myself. I just went by jeans and tees. Tired from my shift I really looked like I needed help with my style that day. Unfortunately I arrived late and did not catch the first part. But I've got useful tips for everyone who wants to style or dress the man in their life (boyfriend/husband) and how to go in style everyday without going broke.

Fashion is not only for women. Men should also know what style suits them and what looks good on them. To start, men must know their body type. There are 3 male body types:


1. ECTOMORPH - thin and has trouble on gaining fat and muscle weight. This body type must stay away from vertical stripes. Avoid dark and monochromatic ensembles. Go for body skimming, tailored pieces.

2. ENDOMORPH - round shape and has trouble losing weight. This body type must stay away from horizontal stripes. Avoid light monochromatic outfits. Go for body skimming cuts, nothing too loose nor too tight.

3. MESOMORPH - proportional body frame, can easily loose or gain weight. Almost everything looks good on this body type.

Tips: In fashion terms, monochromatic dressing means wearing separates of one color that have different textures and/or similar shades of that color for an overall tonal look.

So guys, the next time you buy your clothes please keep this in mind to enhance your personal style.
" Clothes don't make the man. But they can make the man look great."
Women like to shop and dress up. Donna give us tips on how we can go on style everyday without going broke. Here are the 8 secrets tips on how to save while still looking at your best.

1. Wear clothes in different ways.
2. Get creative.
3. Know which items to invest in and which one to spend less on.
4 .Know what works for you.
5. Learn how to properly take care of your clothes and accessories.
6. Know the sale season.
7. Swap and Sell
8. Re-purpose old or ill-fitting clothes

There were also questions from the audience which Donna cheerfully answered. Some questions that I remember where below.

1. How to make your legs look long?
Avoid wearing shoes with straps. Go for nude shoes or nude heels this will look like the extension of your legs.

2.  How to intimidate people?
If you are in the corporate world and you want to intimidate people go for power colors and darker colors.

3. How many accessories can one wear?
It depends on how many you can handle. Your accessories should compliment you and should not make a noise.

4. How to hide your "puson"?
One of the problems of most Filipina's are their "puson" even when you are petite. It is best to choose an undergarment which goes above your waistline and is tight. Smart creations of waistline. According to Donna broad shoulders are asset and right posture makes your tummy smaller. 
" Study your body and lifestyle." - Donna Cuna-Pita

Therefore, no matter how pretty the clothes  you wear you must be first convinced that you look great on it otherwise it will not reflect on you. Styling is your way to show your identity/personality to the world.  Wear your statement loud and proud. Be YOU in your style. I am definitely going to apply all the things I learned from this workshop to make my #OOTD's look better. If you learn something from this post, please do not hesitate to share or tag me to your #OOTD goals.

" Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn." – Orson Welles
Here are some photos from the event:





You can also visit Writer's Block Philippines website for more upcoming workshops. Check out Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf PH and Brew Your Best Year site.












No comments:

Post a Comment