Monday, May 28, 2018

12 Reasons Why I love Korea


For everyone who knows me one thing that comes to mind when they describe me is Kpop. They know me as the girl who loves Korea. I am a Kpop enthusiast and dreams of flying to Seoul. Well that dream has been granted last March as we have travel there for seven days to explore our dream destination. As I was in Korea I discover other things that makes me love Korea even more and here are the list of the things I love about Korea.



1. It is a clean country

When I first arrived in Korea I noticed the cleanliness everywhere. I did not see any trash on the streets. The air is clean and there is no pollution. 

2. Convenient transportation. 


I am amazed by their subway system. It makes our travel easy and hassle free. Their subway system is amazing as there were no delays and it is always running on time. It is very accessible and subway exits are near the tourist attractions. Trains in Korea also offers wifi while on board and there are usb ports if your phone runs out of battery. Also, you can use the Tmoney card in every public transportation either it is a bus, subway or taxi.

3. People are disciplined.

They follow and abide the rules every time. No matter how small it is. Wether someone is watching or none. An example is in a subway. Inside the train there is a designated seat for elderly and pregnant woman. People do not sit in those seat and really gave it to the people who is designated for those no matter if there are a lot of people in the train. 

4. Wifi.

Their internet connection is really over the top. There are a lot of public wifi's around Seoul and big cities so that you can always be connected to the web. They have one of the fastest internet connection.

5. Safe.

My travel to Korea is my first travel abroad. I did really feel safe in Korea. Specially for first time traveler like me. When I was in Korea I do not have to worry about my safety. Even at late night as we stroll the neighborhoods. Korea is a safe place for everyone even if you are a solo traveler. There were also a lot of tourist information center. This is a place where you can just leave your belongings without worrying and find it in the same spot were you left it. 

6. The elderly are very helpful.

We are grateful that we experienced first hand the kindness of the ahjumma, ahjussi and halmoenis of Korea during our stay. We did not expect that at all. They make our Korea trip more memorable. One example is the ahjussi at KTX train bound to Busan as we are having a hard time placing our luggage in the upper compartment. We are thankful that he come to our rescue. To know more of the details you can visit my travel story just click here.

7. Kimchi and Other Food


There is more to Korean food aside from Kimchi and samgyupsal that we have discovered and tasted. We totally fell in love with Odeng. It is a Korean street food that is perfect for the cold weather as it feels like winter still with 2 - 4 degrees temperature. There is also the clam soup that we tried and other types of bibimbap. You can find affordable dishes in non commercialized neighborhoods that sells family dishes that has been passed down from generations to generations and way more affordable. How authentic is that.

8. Hallyu.


It all started with the korean drama and kpop (korean music) that I fell in love with Korea. The land of many oppa. Korea created a lot of many kdramas that we Filipinos fell in love with. Like Winter Sonata and Stairway to Heaven from the recently My Love from the Star and Goblin. We also dance to Gangnam Style and now to Bboom Bboom. These are the reasons I started to dream of going to Korea and the moment I land is pure happiness and be able to visit the leading entertainments in Korea is a dream come true for every fan-girl like us.

10. Past and Present coexist.


Korea is a place where past and present coexist. In the middle of the city you can find one of the famous palaces which is Gyeongbukgong. Also the hanok village in Bukchon. Koreans really know the importance of their past and the history that molds their future. They do everything they can to restore their historic heritage so that the younger generation can still enjoy its beauty and story.

11. Four seasons.



Being in a tropical country where it is always summer except during the monsoons. Korea's weather is new to us as we are not prepared with the cold weather. We went there March of this year and spring is not yet starting and the weather is pretty cold for us. Don't know how we did survive it with the clothes we have. But overall Korea is very pretty no matter what the season is. It has always something to offer. They have Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall. We will definitely would love to visit Korea in this four season.

12. Korean Cosmetics.

Korea is one of the leading country for skin care. There are a lot of brands that popped up everywhere that caters to all skin types. When I was here I bought a lot of skin care products and cosmetics specially those that are hard to find in the Philippines. So if you jumped in to Korean skin care routine you'll never miss the shops and stores to boost your Kbeauty look.




No comments:

Post a Comment