Monday, November 12, 2018

Living Generously: A lifestyle


“Generosity should be a lifestyle” 
– Ms Nela, CBTL Marketing

I’d been supporting the Giving Journal for some time now and other programs by CBTL but it was my first to get personally involved. I spent a day at a home for the children organized by CBTL Philippines and Caring Cup last Nov 10. 


I didn’t know what to expect and what is expected of me. I was overwhelmed and touched by the stories and the speakers. I felt a lump in my throat and got teary eyed during the whole talk. It was an unfamiliar kind of emotion for me, being a part of something great knowing that we can change or touch a life just by the words or interaction we will have with those children. The children in the village are abandoned, neglected or abused. We interact with the children through the workshop in partnership with Woven. We all learned how to weave.

The children were nice, kind and respectful. The kids in our table was very funny and even told us jokes. They are just happy in general and it made us happy as well. They might not have everything but I do not see them less fortunate because of that. I see great characters and personality within them. I believe that they are equally and even more capable of giving. At the end of the day it directs me to another path and how I see things. I am now even more committed and determined to give more in ways that I possibly can.



I truly believe in the idea of generosity should be a lifestyle and it should not limit us just by the resources we have. Being generous is not just about the amount of money we can give, we can also be generous through the amount of time, talent, effort, even a smile, a simple word of encouragement and radiating positive outlook in life. Giving is about other people, not about one self. How willing and committed we are to make an impact into another person’s life.

Love weaves itself from hundreds of threads



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and others around you. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.

    ReplyDelete