Friday, October 18, 2013

Book Review: Fifty Shades Trilogy: The Depth of the Story by E L James

I am a book lover, a book worm. Most of the books that I have read are fictional, more on mystery side, detective stories sort of when I am still studying. I have passion in reading but when I got a job and divert my attention to something else I stop reading. I want to retrieve my hobby in reading so I started reading again.

Out of curiosity I started reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I ask my office mate if I can borrow the book. Yes, the book genre is not the type of book I usually read, but here is for a change. It is erotic romance, yes, at it says on the back cover it is for MATURE AUDIENCE. 


I am only on the first few pages and chapter of the first book and I know I'm already in to it. I love the story. The characters and the way the story is told. Yes of course on the love making part it is very descriptive. Indeed this book will make your mind work specially your wild imagination. (Just being frank and transparent). Though many people may look at it in its obvious aspect, I focus on the depth of the story, though I must admit the love making part is something that gives spice and life to the story as you read it all the way. 

The love story of Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey is way beyond my expectation. I don't read much of love stories and romance but this one really touch my heart. I am captivated how strong their love is for each other, how they want each other so bad. The risk they both take for each other, how protective, possessive and such a control freak Christian is. How Ana disobey Christian most of the times, how she defy Christian, how she love him the way he is, for who he is. She accepts everything about Christian. The love between them is just overwhelming. (Yeah, girl talk right, girls are in for hearts and flowers. So I am talking about my point of view and how I see the story in a very different way. Not really different for sure a lot of woman who have read this story share the same point as mine.)

Some people may not like to read it cause of its genre but as I say "Don't judge the book by its cover" literally speaking. The trilogy has a lot more to offer aside from the erotic scenes it contains. When I finished the first book, I wanted MORE. I was very eager to know what will happen next and how will the story will end. I ended up buying the whole set. Yes, I have the three book copy. I can finish a book in two days. Really I am so in to it, like after work I am reading instead of sleeping. I give time reading it cause it is indeed a good book. I talk to my friends about it, they were reading it as well. Anyway enough of me, and how I am so hooked to it. As I was saying the trilogy is one of the best stories I have ever read so far. And I am very happy to share my views and how I see it to everyone who have read the trilogy as well.


FIFTY SHADES TRILOGY

-E L James



CHARACTERS:

Christian Grey- CEO of Grey Enterprise Holding, a business tycoon in a very young age. Adopted by the Greys. Had a very bad past when he was a child. A control freak, megalomaniac, and very much in love with Anastasia Steele.

Anastasia Steele-a graduating student at WSU. Very pretty and beautiful. Bright and have a smart mouth(as Christian Grey describe her).

Jose Rodriguez-Ana's friend, a photographer. One of the admirers of Ana. 
Katherine Kavanagh/Kate-Ana's best friend, roommate. 
Elliot-Christians brother. 
Mia-Christians sister.
Carla-Ana's mother.
Ray-Ana's step dad.
Bob-husband number three of Carla.
Carrick Grey- Christian's father.
Grace Grey- Christians mother
Ethan-Kate's brother
Taylor- Christians head of Security/driver and right man. 
Mrs Jones- Christians house keeper   
Paul-is the brother of the the owner of Claytons where Ana works part time.
Mrs. Robinson/Elena-the one who demonized Christian (As Ana describe and think of her, well I prefer it too)
Leila-Christian's ex-sub.
Jack Hyde-Ana's boss in SIP
Dr. Flynn-Christian's adviser


Fifty Shades of Grey


This book gives me chills. It's playful but with sense. I like how the two main characters met, Christian and Ana. So as describe Christian is a bachelor, very successful at a very young age of twenty seven. While Ana is a graduating student in Literature. Earning for a living for herself, since she is living far away from her mom and step dad. Their first meeting is so real, I mean yeah it could possibly happen to anyone in real life. To put all this in words, it is amazing how they can put up such a good story like this. So the first book will definitely get your attention from page 1 till the back cover. Leaving you wanting more. Christians character is very very unique in some ways. Him being in control always, who does not do the girlfriend thing, who have his secret and all in his playroom. Ana, is confused yet she know she wants Christian Grey, more than want she love Christian Grey. She was never fascinated by any man except, and until she met Christian. Ana is such a brave and strong woman. She knows what she want. Christian is still struggling on what he really feels for Ana. He wants to work it out with Ana. He even redrafts the contract to give Ana a good deal. It makes me smile when he also have many first with Ana, the vanilla sex, the sleeping in bed with Ana, him introducing Ana to his parents. I love the part when Christian follows Ana in Georgia, Christian the stalker, (LOL). How Ana get jealous about Mrs. Robinson, well she has the right though. The gliding and their fly with Charlie Tango (Christian's helicopter). Gosh Christian has sweet spots. MORE hearts and flowers for Ana.  Book one left me heart broken after finishing reading it. So well yeah you already have an idea how they end in the first book. It makes me sad every time they have to say good bye for a while, it feels like they want to be with each other but given the situation. Oh and I love the email conversations very much, I guess that caught my attention, their email conversation are sweet. Of course the love making is really INTENSE as I try to put it in my own words. I am not putting this part aside since it is the genre of the book. But what I'm trying to say is that the story is really good, it is not all about what you think it is, I think I found the heart of the story. I view it in a very different way. Differently good.



My favorite lines from the first book of The Fifty Shades Trilogy:

"Two can play at this game."-Anastasia Steele

"Why didn't you tell me there was danger? Why didn't you warn me?
Ladies know what to guard against, cause they read novels that tell them of these tricks..."-Tess (a novel of Thomas Hardy)

"You are a mystery, Ms. Steele"-Christian Grey

"Anastasia, I'm not a hearts and flower kind of man."-Christian Grey

"There's something about you, though, and I'm finding it impossible to stay away"-Christian Grey

"You.Are.So.Sweet"-Christian Grey

"I'd never do anything I didn't want to do Christian"-Anastasia Steele

"I don't make love. I fuck... hard"-Christian Grey

"You impossible girl. .... Why do I think you're telling me god bye?"-Christian Grey

"I agree to the conditions, Angel; because you know best what my punishment ought to be; only-only-don't make it more than I can bear!." -(Tess of d'Urbervilles)

"... even in my sleep I am drawn to you"-Christian Grey

"Talk to me, Anastasia. I don't want to lose you."-Christian Grey

"You.Are.Mine"-Christian Grey

"I'll miss you, too. More than you know"-Christian Grey

"You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you can find your prince"-Carla Steele

"Don't hate me"-Christian Grey

"You are everything I want you to be"-Christian Grey

"I don't want to go"-Anastasia Steele


Fifty Shades Darker



So after a heart breaking ending of the first book, you'll read more and more on the second book. Christian wants Ana back and Ana wants him back too. Christian did another arrangements for them, to work it out for the both of them, to try the MORE. In this book Mrs Robinson/Elena and the ex sub Leila is trying to get in between their relationship. Of course the exchange of emails is one of my favorite. When Christian bought SIP. Christian trying to understand Ana and keeping her in many ways so that she wont leave him. He is in for a vanilla relationship not with all the kinky stuffs just to have Ana and to give her time. As always the control freak as ever, so protective and possessive which I kinda like at Christian. Shock to see the submissive Christian when he thought that Ana is running or leaving him. It's kinda painful for me too to see him like that. When Christian went missing. Ana's birthday gift to Christian. I cant even think of any thing to give a person who has everything already, that's kinda hard but the gift is thoughtful and exactly what Christian wants. I love the confrontation of Ana and Elena, Ana you go girl. Ana is a strong woman. This book shows how great love is, it is about trust and if you really love each other you wont give up that easy. Oh books are really amazing. 

My favorite lines from the second book of The Fifty Shades Trilogy:

"I'm drawn, Icarus to his sun. I've been burned already, and yet here I am again." -Anastasia Steele

"You said you loved me, is that now in the past tense?" -Christian Grey

"If you cant beat them, join them." - Christian Grey

"What I feel for you frightens me." -Anastasia Steele

"I am monogamous when it comes to my relationship." -Christian Grey

"I've never felt the way you left, Anastasia. I could move heaven and earth to avoid feeling like that again." - Christian Grey

"You make me look at the world differently, Anastasia." -Christian Grey

"You make me forget everything. You are the best therapy." - Christian Grey

"We have to walk, before we can run." - Christian Grey

"Marry me." -Christian Grey (first proposal)

"I never want to let you go." -Christian Grey

"I never want to go. Never let me go." -Anastasia Steele

"There are no guarantees in this life." -Dr. Flynn

"Anastasia Steele. I love you. I want to love, cherish and protect you for the rest of my life. Be mine. Always. Share my life with me. Marry me." -Christian Grey (hearts and flowers proposal)

Fifty Shades Freed



As the love story of Ana and Christian continues, there's a lot more to come in their life, struggles and obstacles, which they have to face together. The story is very touching, this book really touch my heart and made me cry. 
Ana and Christian finally married and living together as a couple, sure is Christian is still the same control freak, super protective, possessive with Ana. But he is one hell of a good lover and a husband to her. Christian shows more of his sweet side in this story, though he already is on the first book, but on this book really he is. I fell in love more with Christian. Their honeymoon, where he brought Ana to Europe, specifically in London which is the dreamland for her. He gives everything to Ana. I like Christians character where he said he doesn't want to share Ana to the world, OMG that is really sweet. He always keep Ana safe. Their fight about Ana not changing her name in her workplace. I love Christian when he ignores all the other girls and he only sees Ana. He didn't give any reason to Ana to be jealous.( and of course as we are girls cant help it to be intimidated or somehow feel like that but yeah you have to trust your man.)  Their visit to Aspen, OMG i love the scene where Christian throws his fist to some guy who touches Ana. The proposal of Elliot to Kate. Ana's birthday, where Christian gave her a bracelet. WOW that kind of gift which is very very thoughtful. It is indeed meaningful. And an R8 which is over the top. The incident with Jack Hyde, the news about Ana being pregnant, the call in the bank really made me cry, tears fall on my cheeks while reading this part. And it makes me teary eyed every time I recall that scene. Indeed the third book is much MORE. Christian becomes more open to Ana, about his past. 
In the end, after all the circumstances and obstacles, this book will make you feel that love is powerful, it can move heaven and earth, mountains and all things are possible. It gives you hope and makes you feel that hey, dont give up on love when things get tough and rough cause love makes it way till the very end.  

My favorite lines from the third book of The Fifty Shades Trilogy:

"I want your world to begin and end with me"-Christian Grey

"And no you are not an asset, you are my beloved wife"-Christian Grey

Anastasia
You are my More
My love, My life
Christian

Christian: I was waiting for you.
Ana:  I'm glad you waited.
Christian : You are worth waiting for, Mrs. Grey.


My beautiful Kate, I love you your grace, your beauty and your fiery spirit have no equal, and you have captivated my heart. Spend your life with me. Marry me.-Elliot Grey

"No one touches whats mine"-Christian Grey

"I like taking care of you. It's what I want to do"-Christian Grey

"I give you my solemnly vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, to stand by your side in good times and in bad, to share your joy as well as your sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals and dreams, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, to share my hopes and dreams with you, and bring you solace in times of need. And to cherish you for as long as we both shall live"-Anastasia Steele (Wedding Vow)

"I solemnly vow that I will safeguard and hold you dear and deep in my heart our union and you. I promise to love you faithfully, forsaking all others, through the good times and the bad, in sickness and in health, regardless of where life take us. I will protect you, trust you and respect you. I will share your joys and sorrow, and comfort you in times of need. I promise to cherish you and uphold your hopes and dreams and keep you safe at my side. All that mine is now yours. I give you my hand, my heart and my love from this moment on and for as long as we both shall live"-Christian Grey (Wedding Vow)

"You are my reality, Ana"-Christian Grey

"For all our firsts on your first birthday as my beloved wife. I love you"-Christian Grey

Christian: Mrs Grey, you are greedy.
Ana: When it comes to you, I am.

"We always hurt the ones we love, darling"- Mrs. Grace Trevelyan-Grey

"I think you can only be truly mad at someone you really love"-Mrs. Grace Trevelyan-Grey

"Don't touch me. No more. Only Ana"-Christian Grey

"Ana your faith in me is touching, especially in light of the last few days"-Christian Grey

"Your very good to him. He doesn't listen to anyone else"-Mr. Carrick Grey

"The best decision I ever made was marrying you"-Christian Grey

"I will do anything to keep you safe. Keep my family safe. Keep the little one safe"-Christian Grey

"Life is never going to be boring with Christian and I,m in this for the long haul. I love this man, my husband, my lover, father of my child, my sometimes Dominant....My Fifty Shades"-Anastasia Steele


"Erotic, Amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment