Monday, January 30, 2017

Book Review: The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan


Honest review of this book.
Spoilers Alert.

Cannon is a med student and is applying for his residency. Paige is a 28 year old who is living in her own while working as a human resource at a non profit company. Their paths meet again when Cannon needed a new space to crush in after his psychotic ex destroyed his apartment and causes havoc. Cannon and Paige were childhood friends. Cannon is focused in achieving his goal to be a doctor and to take care of his mom and sister. He swear to himself that he would never let any woman distract him but can do a casual one night stand. No names and no exchanging of numbers. Paige on the other end has not been in a relationship for a long time. She was doing well until Cannon came into her life. The attraction between them is strong the moment they laid eyes on each other. And the temptation ignites more after they got drunk together and Paige offer to prove to Cannon that his theory is wrong that they can have sex and she will not fall in love with him.


The story was ok. Not that bad but not that great. It could have been good if it shows how Cannon and his ex break up. It does not solidify how the ex went crazy for him and cause trouble to Paige and him after. As a reader I did not feel much chemistry or connection to the characters. It lacks deep emotion from them. I am wondering how a guy can read all the body language of a woman when it comes to sex but came clueless on how the opposite sex really feels about them. It's like their intuition is more in LUST than LOVE like Cannon. While on the other hand woman tend to make assumptions like Paige did on what Cannon really feels about her. Though in the end they both realize that they truly love each other. If you are looking for a quick read and a light story of happy ending this is your book.


Favorite Quotes from the Book:

"The heart was a strange and amazing muscle. You couldn’t live or love without it, but most people didn’t think about it often. Didn’t think about the steady, faithful organ that beat one hundred thousand times a day. Most people probably didn’t know that a woman’s heartbeat was faster than a man’s by about eight beats per minute, or that its four chambers pumped blood to every cell in the body except for the corneas."

"It made sense to me that the heart pumped emotions along with blood"

"I remained fascinated with the heart, both its symbolism and its reality."

"I was more interested in matters of the heart than the physiology of it."

"You know even if they say they aren’t looking for something serious, they are always looking for something serious.”

"Those words on his lips had been the most beautiful thing I’d ever heard, everything I’d ever dreamed about, yet never hoped for."

"I had fallen for someone I couldn’t have, and now I was doing the only thing I could—flee."

"Sometimes there are no second chances. Sometimes it’s now or never."

"If we don’t try, we’ll never know."

"Falling in love didn’t feel like I thought it would—like I was losing a piece of myself to a man. No, it felt like I was gaining something else instead. Something bigger than just me. But I knew this something was so big and unpredictable that it had the power to completely destroy me if it went sideways."



No comments:

Post a Comment