Monday, February 06, 2017

Book Review: More Than This by Jay Mclean


Mikayla Jones is living her happy life together with her loving parents and a younger sister. Until one night all the people she love was taken away from her, her boyfriend who cheated on her with her best friend. And the tragic night when she went home and found out that her family was murdered.
Jake Andrews is a baseball player. He has a group of good friends around him, a loving family and he got a lot of offers for baseball. 

Jake witness Kayla's loss and he became her rock. He and his family became Kayla's home since she was left alone. Their attraction to each other is strong, the love that they feel for each other, however Kayla is not year ready to give her heart to someone again after she experience the pain of losing the people she loved.

I so much more than like this book. I feel happy all the way reading this book. I love the characters especially when Kayla has a Filipina blood. Never in my book reading have I ever had a lead character with Filipina blood (I mean books made by foreign authors), there are some who are a friend of the lead characters. I just feel more close to the character I guess since I am a Filipina. (Thinking more of how I wish I could have experienced Jake Andrews too) But overall I swoon over Jake and Kayla's story. I love how Jake protected and take care of her since day one. The unspoken words of affection and feelings make the story good as well. I was like why don't they just say it out loud. Like I really wanna go inside the book and tell them myself. I like Jake's group of friends they are so cool, funny and reliable. I love Lucy cause she likes to read too. I also read The Sea of Tranquility and Fifty Shades of Grey. I feel like I found a book friend in a book.The moment I start reading this I was never be able to put it down, too excited for what will happen next and to the characters. I think this is one of the best book I read after Colleen Hoover. Colleen really sets the bar on top, there is also one ion her books that she mention the story of The Sea of Tranquility if I remember correctly it was Lake and Will's story. I like this book cause it made me grin like a fool. Two thumbs up for Jay McLean. I will definitely read this More Than Series of him.


Favorite Quotes:

“He's not the heart and flowers kind of guy, but he's the heart and soul kind, and fuck if every girl would rather that than flowers.”

“I'm thinking that maybe I'm really far from more than a lot liking you, Mikayla Jones.”

“Because if I kiss you, then I'll want to taste you, and if I taste you then I'll need to fuck you. And if I fuck you, that means your mine. And when I make you mine, I want it to be in OUR bed. Not in a hotel room...Is that okay?”

“God Jake, I so much more than a lot like you."
"Mikayla, I passed that stage a long, long time ago.”

“And I look at him.
Really, truly, look at him.
And I fall in love all over again.”

“God, I can't even begin to tell you... I just wish that you could have felt it too. So that when you found your Jake Andrews, you would know. You would know what it felt like to stand in front of your forever.”

“It's just you. It's only ever been just you. It will always only ever be just you.”

“Every Princess has one Prince to share the loves and joys of life, and do you know how that Princess knows which Prince is hers?”
“How Mommy?”
“From the kiss.”
“But how?”
“The very first kiss with your Prince will change your life. When your lips touch for the first time, the earth will feel like it stops moving, but in the same moment, the world around you spins. It’ll feel like fireworks in the night sky. Like a bright light in the darkness. You’ll feel your heart beat fast in your ears but silence will surround you. And when you pull apart and open your eyes and look at each other, and really see each other. You’ll know it in that moment, through that kiss, that you’ve just let someone own a piece of your heart, and you’ll live happily ever after.”

“because the thing is, you don’t fall in love with your best friends girl”

“When your heart breaks and you lose absolutely everything you have left in life. The only thing you can do is cry.”

“I so much more than a lot love you, you know that right?”
I nod. Because I do. I do know. And I so much more than a lot love him too.”

“I saw more than a few guys checking her out. I couldn't help putting my arm around her, and bringing her into me. Because it's the stone age and I'm a caveman.”

“It's the fucking hardest thing to do, to be around the person you love, with everything you have, and not be able to love them.”

“Maybe you don't need to be a complete person, or maybe you do. But maybe, he's it. Maybe he's the other half of you.” 


“I believe in the happily ever after.”
She’s looking at me with so much emotion that I hope to hell that I’m reading her right, that the look she’s giving me is telling me everything I want to hear. That she believes in Fate. In Love. In us. Forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment