Friday, February 10, 2017

Book Review: More Than Him by Jay McLean




Spoilers Alert:

Logan disappeared in Amanda's life. After what happened that night, Logan blames himself. He shutdown himself to the people who cared about him and decided to travel as advice by his dad Alan. Amanda was left torn and broken when Logan left him without saying goodbye at all. A year went by, then Logan came back to fight for her. He is willing to take any chances and risk just to get her back.




I've swoon eleventy-three (haha) times over Logan Matthews. This series is really interesting. After the cliff hanger ending on More Than Her, they finally got their happily ever after. After being away from each other and with all those struggles they did conquer it all. How powerful love is right? Amanda take back Logan again after what he did cause she really cares and still loves him. Ofcourse as stated in the novel that Logan has his reasons and that is to protect Amanda. This couple is so cute and fun too. Cheers for their story. What I've noticed in this More Than Series is that there is always a scene where the the female lead is sitting on the male leads lap and puts the cap backward which I find cute really but  do they really share the same habits?? I know their group of friends but I don't know it becomes a trademark for this series. I still like and enjoyed reading this book. By the way I find Lachlan cute and Tristan is so funny trying to be straight. I kinda hate Ethan for hurting Logan but I understand why, can't blame him.

Favorite Quotes:

“Twinkle twinkle little whore, close your legs they're not a door.”

“You took my nightmares and turned them into dreams”

“Those last words I said to you, they are yours. And so am I. Forever. Because I do love you.”

“I don't think anything, or anyone, is ever going to keep me away from you. I love you way too much. You're my heart, my world, my light.”

“Transit umbra, lux permanet.”

“Eleventy three times”

“Sometimes you live life searching for moments to remember. Then there are moments you'd rather forget”

“There are no dates here. Only time passing with each moment.”

“I think it's human nature to blame yourself. When things fuck up in life, you always want to find a reason for it. There has to be a reason, right? Bad things don't just happen, especially to good people. "So we sit around and try to make sense of it all, and the only sense we can make is that we probably deserved it, so we make up these ideas in our heads.”

“Every morning you have two choices. Continue to sleep with dreams - or - wake up and chase them.”

“You meant the world to me. And if you didn't know that--if you couldn't see that--then that's how I'll start. Every day I'll show you, and every day I'll prove to you just how much you mean to me. How much you still mean to me.”

“I don't just love you. It's like the word I want to use hasn't been invented yet. Maybe it's because no one's ever felt this type of love before. Maybe I'm the first to feel it. I don't know. I can't explain it. But those words--I love you--they just don't seem like enough. Not anymore.”  






No comments:

Post a Comment