Thursday, February 16, 2017

Book Review: Meant to Be by Melody Grace


(ARC in exchange of an honest review:) 

Poppy who call's off her wedding and find an escape in Sweetbriar cove in the cottage of her Aunt June give her peace and sense that she can finish her book or so that's what she thought until her handsome neighbor Cooper starts hammering and making noise.



I like Poppy cause I can relate to her in some ways, I like to read and also believes in happily ever-after. It is really brave of her to cancel the wedding just to follow her heart. To marry the one she truly love. It's like a 50:50 chance at happy ending. I am also a sucker for happy endings.

Cooper issues, I don't really understand him. His fear of getting involved again in love and pouring his heart out to the girl he likes. His fear of hurting and disappointing the woman and being left behind or screw it up again I don't quite get it for real. I tried but all I see is a coward man with petty issues. He is just afraid to try and risk it all again. Honestly if Cooper's past is in detailed or somehow elaborated how he got broken like that probably I'd understand in a way. But geez, I'm kinda pissed on how he needs to resolved his issues and realized that he is the right man for the girl he loves if he just believes in to it make it happen. It's kinda funny that he just overthinks the past.

Sweetbriar Cove is a small town, where gossips fly fast. But I like how the people live in harmony.
Cooper singing at the karaoke just to get Poppy back is really a cute gesture. But I like the ending, it is heart melting that the house Cooper is building is for them, though he just realized it after they got back together and he wants it for them.

The book is nice but it didn't give me much butterflies in the stomach. There are moments that it made me smile but I don't feel the connection to the story when I feel like I am reading from the third person's point of view.  I find books enjoyable when I feel like the characters is the one talking to me cause in that way I can truly connect with them or be part of the story. I think it is a personal preference of mine.


Favorite Quotes:
"That there was someone for everyone; a pot for every lid. A place her heart could find a home."

"A place where fate wasn’t cruel, hope won out, and love was never in vain.
A place to believe."

"She was writing something to believe in, a vision of the love she wanted for herself, as if by writing it down, making that dream real, she could somehow conjure it out of thin air."

"Real love is messy, and broken, and hard. Not all fairy tales and Prince Charming.”

"Some people were made for togetherness, and some people were just an emotional ticking time bomb—set to detonate and destroy everything in their path."

"love can’t be calculated by a pro/con list"

"Men in real life might still be a mystery, but at least she knew exactly what would happen with the ones on her page."

"You judged a man by his actions, not his words,"

"Her heart was breaking, and it didn’t make a sound."

“Got any glue for pieces of a broken heart?”

"It’s not about how long you spent together. Sharing something real, revealing your heart . . . that always matters, whether it’s for a week or a year.”

"You could love someone as best you could, and still fall short of forever."

“As far as I’m concerned, forever can take its sweet time.”




No comments:

Post a Comment