Thursday, March 16, 2017

Book Review: Dear Agony by Georgia Cates




Rose Middleton lives in the street and barely surviving until Vale came to her rescue. Her childhood is not something she is proud of which causes trauma, hurt and pain for her. She agreed to be Vale's "prodigy" so that she can have a home, food to eat and to have a better life.

Bastien Pascal becomes the owner of PPI when his father died, he is Vale's best friend. He also do not have a family. It is not stated in the book how he lost his parents and brother. He loaned money to Vale to support her business and also it was a good investment for him. He got curious with Vale's "prodigy" since she always mentions it to him. He offered Vale's a business proposition to make Rose his companion in return he will clear Vale's debt to him. He doesn't want any intimate or romantic relationship since his time is limited therefore his business proposal to Vale is a win win situation for both of them.

I like how the characters were formed and build in the story. Their past and how they got connected. When I was reading this two books came to my mind first is " The Weekday Brides" series by Catherine Bybee. On the said series the characters have the same kind of business with Vale. Second is Fifty Shades by EL James I was reminded by the scene where Bastien does not want the baby I believe Christian has this kind of scene as well on the third book.

I think this book is great in its own way. I like how Rose was transformed and rescued by Vale. The loving, kind gestures and words of Bastien. (OMG!! how can you resist a good book boyfriend like him) Though he have his moment of being an ass he came around. I like Rose as well her determination and faith to Bastien. Even though Bastien's original plan is to have just a companion when he found out about his disease. Being with Rose save him from having a tragic ending to choose to live a life worth living together with the love of her life and their children.

I think this will be more interesting if the villain Wendy tries to seduce back Bastien. In the book yes she did but it wasn't convincing for me. I didn't hate her that much so she was not a very good villain for me. I think the author does not focus more on that. I think if it has some major impact on the characters love story this will be so much good. 

From a readers perspective and personal thoughts this didn't have much impact on me nor pull strings of emotions that deep (this is just me, it might be different to others) but I can't put it down till I get to the end so I will still recommend this book.







No comments:

Post a Comment